Thursday 5 December 2013

Nov 28, 2013 - 32 weeks 3 days pregnant


With the arrival of our twins about 5 weeks away I've decided to start a blog about my experience.  Brian and I's hope is that this blog will be updated during our time at the hospital so that friends and family can be kept up to date about the birth of our twins.

So first of all let me just say that I am so freakin' excited/nervous/anxious about finally meeting my babies.  It was such a miracle for Brian and I to find out we were having twins and we've had a really great time getting our house and lives ready for them to come.

Being off work has been wonderful because it's given me the time to relax and complete tasks at my own pace.  It has been a little bit of tranquillity before the chaos that will surely be our lives with two newborns.  This week I have started to get pretty swollen, and my Dr. warned me yesterday that my blood pressure is on the high side - a sign that I need to slow down and take it easy.  For anyone who knows me - taking it easy is not really my thing but I am going to give it a try.

Brian and I also just bought a hot tub!  We figured that our days of luxurious and relaxing vacations are on hold for a while, so we've invested in a mini-vacation for our back yard.  It will give us a chance to unwind and unplug from all the electronics that rule our lives during the day and just talk!  We filled it today and our electrician is here now getting it going!  Hopefully by tomorrow night I will be soaking my sore back and swollen ankles in a nice warm tub (don't worry it's safe as long as the temperature of the tub is kept at or below 99 degrees).

At my Dr.'s appointment yesterday I got an update on our twins.  My ultrasound showed that they are both in the 50% percentile for size given their age - which means that they are perfectly on track!  Our little boy is 4 lbs 3 0z and our little girl is 4 lbs.  Seeing that they are each 4 lbs has put in perspective how quickly these babies could come!  It also shows that I am carrying over 8 lbs of baby around all day - no wonder I'm sore and tired!

With the holidays coming I know that these last 5 weeks are going to fly by.  I can't wait to meet our little ones and to introduce them to our awesome friends and family.  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment