Wednesday 11 December 2013

Day 2 - I am STABLE!

Well today has been a much calmer day.  My internal bleeding has mostly stoped and my blood pressure has normalized so I have been transferred to the mother and baby unit.  This is a really big step and means that I should be able to go home in a few days.
James and Josie are doing really well!  They are on an IV for fluid but they don't need breathing support.  James also just passed his jaundice test, we are still waiting for Josie's results.  I was able to hold Josie this afternoon and I've been expressing small amounts of breast milk that is being given to them.  We are expecting a few family members to visit this afternoon/evening.  Auntie Jenn was just here and has gone to the NICU with Brian to meet the twins.
This has been a crazy 2 days but it is much calmer now and I am so excited to be the new mom of these beautiful healthy twins!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you, and glad that you held both babes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks be to God for the gift of your babies. I am so glad that you have been able to hold them and bond with them. I will continue to hold all four of you in my prayers. Can't wait to meet James and Josie. Love the names. God bless.

    ReplyDelete