Sunday 22 December 2013

Day 13 - bad weather? No power?



  As the staff and visitors come and go we keep hearing about an ice storm that has halted the GTA.  Meanwhile we are huddled up in the NICU, nice and toasty warm.  We have got a room to stay over again tonight so we continue to get to snuggle with the twins throughout the day and night.  
I am sorry for everyone whose holiday plans have been interrupted and who are without power.  Our own Allen extended family party that was scheduled for this afternoon has been postponed.  Whatever you are doing to keep warm and prepared for Christmas, don't worry about me.  I have Brian and my babies and that's all I need!

P.S.  I am so grateful for the Ronald McDonald room we get to stay in over night in and the lounge where we come to eat and take a break when we are not sleeping or cuddling our babies.  
Today we were in the lounge and Brian put on the coffee maker.  I asked him to put on the kettle for me to have tea. Well before he could get up to make the beverages after the water had boiled one of the staff had made them for us and brought them over on a silver tray.  Amazing!  I think I've found my new favourite charity.


1 comment:

  1. So happy for you, and I am glad you have that room so often. It seems like you all are being cared for so well.

    ReplyDelete