Saturday 14 December 2013

Day 5 - ups and downs

James had to be put back in his isolet.  He couldn't keep his body temperature up.  This is normal for preemies.  They will try him in the crib again in a day or two.
On a positive note my milk supply has increased greatly!  At their last feed they didn't need any formula, just my milk!  Tonight Brian and I are staying in a special room supplied by the Ronald McDonald children's charity.  The room is right beside the NICU and allows us to go in and out of the NICU all night so that we can keep pumping and trying to breast feed them.  It also means that we have a place to nap in between feedings.  I am hoping to be able to stay here for at least a few nights, I can't imagine being away from my babies.  Getting to stay depends on how many other NICU parents request the rooms and who needs it the most.  
It's 9 pm on Saturday night and Brian and I are settling in for a sleep.  We are back in the NICU at 11 to pump/feed again.  Good night everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment