Monday 16 December 2013

Day 7 - more pics of our growing babies

I stayed over at the hospital again last night.  It is so great being so close to them and getting to feed them/pump every 3 hours in the hospital.  We are on a schedule now where every other feed I try them at breast feeding and the opposite times they get all their milk through their NG tube.  The NG feeds are much faster for me and the babies so it gives us all more time to rest (it takes 15 min to pump and the the nurse does the tube feeding).  Breast feeding them takes about 1.25 hours because I have to feed them individually and then pump after.  
James has become a champion breast feeder, he can go for like 20 min!  Josie is a little slower to progress but we've been given some tips to try with her today. 
 
I got some great pictures of Josie this morning while my mom was holding her.
I also got to cuddle them both together  at 2am last night because it was just me there for their feeding.  Josie was trying to snuggle into James, it was so cute. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh the photo of the two of them snuggling is just so precious.

    ReplyDelete