Tuesday 17 December 2013

Day 8 - one week old!

All the days are blurred together but I am pretty sure that it is Tuesday which means that Josie and James are one week old!  
James slept the whole night in his big boy bed so they've removed his isoltet.  Josie has started to develop a better handle on breast feeding.  They both got little premie onsies yesterday and Grandma Charlotte showed up this morning with little premie sleepers so we will try them soon!  
Today they weighed each baby before and after their feeding to see how much they had taken in.  James breast fed for 30 min and got 26 mL.  Josie breast fed for 12 minutes and got 8mL.  Knowing this helps the nurse figure out how much extra pumped milk to give them after they breast feed. 
As for me I had a minor set back yesterday night.  I was briefly readmitted to the hospital after passing a blood clot. The dr checked things out and couldn't find any fresh clots so hopefully that is the last of it.  It is great that I am able to sleep over at the hospital in case anything goes wrong.  It was also sweet of Brian to sleep over with me just to be sure I was okay.  
On the plus side I was able to get more sleep last night (as in I got to sleep for 2 hours straight- twice!)

Here is a pic of their space in the NICU and of James in his big boy bed!  As well as one of grandma Charlotte holding both babies yesterday afternoon.  Grandma Jane also came by yesterday evening to help me feed the twins so that Brian could run a few errands.  She got some good cuddle time with James.



1 comment:

  1. Love it! You are transferring a good amount of milk for one week! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete