Thursday 12 December 2013

Day 3 update

So it is day 3 of our life with twins and we are just waiting for the nurses in the NICU to finish their reports so that we can go see our babies!  We started our schedule of pumping every 3 hours last night and have gotten very small amounts to bring to the babies.  I have been promised that there should be lots coming out in about 3 days.  My feet and legs are still very swollen but I am able to walk short distances.  Brian's task when he goes home today is to find me socks that will fit over my massive ankles! The nurses here keep offering me pain meds but I don't want or need them so I hope that is a good sign of my recovery.  It's been an emotional few days but I am feeling blessed to have such wonderful healthy babies and such supportive family and friends.  Today will be a busy day going back and forth between my room and the NICU.  I will update the blog later with a few more pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment