Sunday 15 December 2013

Day 6 - my view

So it is day 6 with James and Josie and it is amazing how much my life has changed to revolve around them.  My schedule now consists of pumping, sleeping and bathroom breaks.  I do my pumping in the NICU so I never go more than 2.5 hours without seeing my babies.  It is wonderful!  Here are some pics of my babies while I snuggle with them.

Everyday we have new milestones. 

 Today Josie will be completely weaned off her IV.  That means here only nourishment is breast milk or formula.  I have been pumping like crazy so we haven't had to give them formula since their 8 am feed!

 Today James will finish with his phototherapy for his jaundice.  He only needed it for two days!  I have noticed an improvement in his alertness since going on the phototherapy so it seems to have worked.

My mom is on her way to spend the evening with me and help me when I get to breast feed the twins again at 11 pm.  Then she will be going home for the night and joining me again in the morning.  Brian is going back to work tomorrow so he will come by for the evening.  At night all I do is pump every 3 hours so I handle that myself.  

I am off to the NICU now to give the twins their first bath!




No comments:

Post a Comment