Wednesday 26 February 2014

Super Josie

Jane and I went to a lactation consultant yesterday for a variety of reasons

1) my mastitis.  She said that if it doesn't clear up within 5 days to go back to my dr.  The lump is finally shrinking today!

2) To check their weight.  James is now 10 lbs 2 oz and Josie is 7 lbs 8 oz.  they have both doubled their birth weight!

3) To get James weened off the nipple shield.  Got some good tips, I'm still working on it.

4) to talk about Josie's puking.  The LC showed me how to hold the bottle so that the nipple is only half full.  This way she can't get too much milk at once.  We've been trying this all day today and IT WORKED!  Josie hasn't puked in over 24 hours!!! This is a new record for her.

  I was too busy to take pictures today (this is the only one I took) but I'll try to get a few tmrw and Friday.  I am itching to do another little photoshoot with them.  But check out this picture - do I not have the best mom ever?  

No comments:

Post a Comment