Wednesday 12 February 2014

Day 65 - so much support

It's 3 AM and I just finished pumping after feeding the babies.  The babies who just slept for 4 hours I might add!  Yesterday was much better.  The twins were awake a lot of the day but I had lots of help because Brian was home sick (we did give him time off to sleep too) and my mom is here.  It is so great having her here during the day.   Not just because it is an extra set of baby cuddling hands and because she shares my impulse to not sit still which translates into baby laundry and kitchen cleaning being done, but because we get to have great adult conversations all day!  
My pity party post from last night was not intended as a cry for help , but rather a chance for me to acknowledge how I am feeling and be able to recall the high and low points when I look back at this.  That said, I am so touched by the wonderful friends and family who have reached out to offer support. 
Although I wish it was easy for all of us it is great to hear from my mom friends who have been there and can promise that it does get easier.  Hallelujah!
I am blessed to have beautiful healthy babies.  They had their two month Dr. appt today and are both perfectly healthy.  James is now almost 9.5 lbs and Josie is 7 lbs!  They also had their first immunizations. They both screemed for the injections, and James puked after his oral vaccine, but settled down okay once they were back home and being cuddled.  They are also meeting most of their milestones for 2 months old.  They can both hold their heads up ( although Josie often chooses to sleep during tummy time), they are feeding well, they recognize and follow my voice and they are easily comforted.  The only achievements they haven't made is that they do not coo or gurgle ( yep that's a milestone) and that I am not able to recognize different cries for when they are tired, hungry, etc.  This second one is my fault.  To be honest I can't even tell which baby is crying let alone why, but that will come.  
I am also blessed to have a wonderful family, and amazing friends.  It's a rollercoaster this parenting thing but it is great to know that I'm not riding it alone. 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment