Sunday 23 February 2014

Out of commission

So I have developed mastitis which is a bacterial infection caused by a blocked milk duct.  The blocked duct is painful but is nothing compared to the fever, headache, chills, sweats and exhaustion caused by the infection. Thankfully, on the advice of my cousin Caitlin, I noticed myself getting a fever so I went to the dr right away and was put on antibiotics.  
It should clear up in a few days.  

Brian has been amazing all weekend often taking care of both babies so that I could sleep.  We also had great help from Dave and Jane everyday this weekend!  

Today the twins were introduced to their extended Allen family at our first ever Painting Party.  Josie slept in her car seat the whole time and James slept in the carrier with me while I painted.  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad that JJ has now met lots of their extended family.  The highlight of the day was Caitlin and Rob's son Finn.  He was so interested in the babies and wanted to give them kisses and touch them.  He even let then play with his cars.  It was so cute!

Above is the twins having a nap with mommy.  Below is the twins playing on their mat.  Josie had puked on all her clothes so she is wearing one of James' sleepers. They are both wearing little wrist raddles.  James especially liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment