Tuesday 6 May 2014

We are WAY too busy

It's been over a week and I haven't updated our wonderful family and friends on James and Josie's progress.  I am so sorry, but, as you can imagine, being the mom of twins is very busy.  So, here's what's been going on.
We had a pretty great week last week.  Last Monday we went to Port Colborne to visit my God Parents.  My mom, sister, sister-in-law and niece came too.
















Tuesday, James delighted us with his first round of belly laughs.  Brian took this amazing video of it. I've watched it about a million times.We are still working with Josie to improve her tummy time.  As you can see we still have a lot of work to do.



Thursday night, after putting the babies to sleep I went and swam with my old Masters swim team.
It was my first time in a pool since having the babies and I was able to swim 2 km with the team.  The highlight of the night was when my coach Eric said, "Michelle, you're really not that out of shape."
I also started training with a personal trainer at my gym on Friday.  I have a lot of work to do to get my core muscles back to the shape they were in before I took on the challenge of growing twins but I am confident that I will get their eventually.

On Friday night we set up our high chairs and the twins joined us, for the first time at eye level, for our Allen family Friday night dinner with Dave and Jane.  They really liked it.

On Saturday we headed to Peterborough for a visit with the Lackie's.  Brian left early on Sunday morning so that he could get back to Toronto in time to watch the Raptors Game 7 with Kevin.














On Monday James showed a lot of signs that he has started teething, most notably putting his fingers in his mouth and crying inconsolobly for most of the day.  In an attempt to calm him, I set up our stroller and took the babies for a long walk.  They both loved it for the first half hour.  The second half hour, not so much.  Monday I also took the babies to the Lactation Consultant to get weighed.  James is now 12 lbs 9 oz and Josie is 10 lbs!  Our baby first is now in double digits!!



Today we went for a walk along the lake with my friend Anne and her baby Eli.  The twins were a bit fussy on the walk so we stopped a few times to feed them.  Our stroller is amazing.  It has great sun protection and the seats fully recline so that babies are always comfortable.  Tonight we went to Scott and Erin's for dinner and had a great visit with Addy.  Tonight Josie had her first real belly laughs.  I didn't get in on video but she was laughing at her dad and it was really cute!
That's about all I can remember of the last 10 days.  I wish I had of posted last week because I would have remembered a lot more.  Thankfully I took a lot of pictures!








No comments:

Post a Comment