Wednesday 21 May 2014

4 month sleep regression

Wednesday:

Something else that no one tells you about BEFORE you have kids is the 4 month sleep regression.  The twins corrected age is 4 months and we are on the middle of 2 weeks of terrible sleep.  They used to sleep in 6 hour blocks.  Now they are up anywhere from 3-6 times per night.  Last night the longest block of sleep I got was from 10:30 pm to midnight.  I feel like a zombie today.  I am really hoping they grow out of this soon.

Thursday Update:  when I went to bed last night I thought to myself "well it can't get worse than last night".  Wrong.  Last night the babies were up at 12, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7:30.  This is worse than when they were newborns.  Please let this phase end soon.

Friday Update: last night was better.  The twins were up at midnight and then I was up with 1 baby at 4am and the other at 5am.  They were both up, ready to start their day at 7:30.  My mom is in town right now and she watched the babies with Brian in the evening yesterday so that I could take a nap-it felt great.  Last night I also successfully got both babies out of bed, fed then together by myself and then changed their diapers and put them back to bed.  Brian usually gets up with me to help but we decided that he should sleep in the guest room last night so that he could get a better sleep.  No point in having us both be exhausted.

Saturday Update: I don't want to jinx it but last night was amazing!  The babies slept from 8:00 pm to 3:45 am.  That's there longest stretch ever! After eating they both went back to sleep and stayed asleep until 8am!  Brian and I are feeling pretty great this morning, let's hope this new pattern continues.


1 comment:

  1. Are you making these 3 mistakes when putting your baby to rest? [STOP!]

    Dear Reader,

    When was the last time your baby slept through the night... or fell asleep when you needed him to?

    Maybe you’ve tried all kinds of “tricks” and gimmicks just to have your little one wake you up 5 times a night.

    Then you'll definitely want to hear this...

    Scientists from the Stanford Sleep Lab recently released an eye-opening report on 3 common mistakes parents make that make it almost impossible for your child to sleep...

    And you're probably guilty of the #1 culprit right now...

    Click here ===> 27-second trick INSTANTLY puts babies to rest and helps them sleep through the night <=== <<<







    ReplyDelete