Sunday 13 April 2014

Co-sleeping

So co-sleeping usually means that the baby sleeps in bed with the parents.  In JJs case co-sleeping means that our babies sleep with their faces touching!

This weekJames has become a master of pushing up on his forearms while doing tummy time.  Sometimes he pushes himself so high onto his arms that he looses his balance and rolls over. 


Last week James learned how to grab objects and bring them to his mouth.  Josie has now developed this skill too, only a few days behind her big brother.  They both love laying on their playmat and reaching for the different toys that dangle above them.


This weekend we did some spring cleaning.  The weather was finally nice enough for us to use our sunroom and to spend some time in our back yard.


On Saturday we had a visit from Zac and his family.  Zac is the young man with Autism that I have spent my Saturdays with for the last 8 years.  I had not seen him since the twins were born and I missed him terribly.  I am happy to report that he had not forgotten me and that we had a great visit.  Saturday night we had Lynne, Mike and our God Daughter Emily over.  Em loves her baby cousins and was a great helper with their bath time and bedtime. 
Sunday morning I took the babies to church while Brian stayed home and got some school work done.  My friend Sandy came to my rescue yet again and held Josie for the entire time.  There was also a lot of slow, sad music in the service so I think it helped the babies sleep.
On Sunday afternoon we finally met the Ikavalkos.  They are Brian's sisters fiancées family.  They are a wonderful family and having kids in the house gave me an excuse to climb the tree in our back yard.  
Weekend with twins are far from relaxing so here's hoping for some down time this week...yeah right!  Here's hoping the babies are as tired as me so they catch a few extra hours of sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment