Sunday 20 July 2014

We survived 4 days without Brian

I can't say it was easy but the twins and I survived 4 days without Brian.  He went to New Mexico for IB training.  


My survival would not have been possible without all the help we got from the babies' grand parents.  Grandma Charlotte helped me take the babies to my baby group on Wednesday and swimming on Thursday. Her and Marsha also watched the babies Thursday night so that I could go to Jenn's bridal shower. Grandma Jane helped me take James to the Dr. on Friday when he had a fever of 39.2 (he had a nasal infection but his fever broke with just one dose of Advil).  All day Friday he would only settle when being held so Grandma got lots of snuggle time.
He also wouldn't sleep on his own so we had a sleepover.

On Saturday Grandpa Dave came over at 6:30 am to help me with James and let me take a nap!  Jane and Dave also babysat all night on Saturday while I went to my cousin Julia's wedding.


Even with all the help throughout the day it was an exhausting 4 days.  I am so thrilled to have Brian home.  The babies are thrilled too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment