Wednesday 11 June 2014

6 months old!

I can hardly believe that James and Josie are 6 months old.  It's been such a whirlwind, I don't even think I remember most of it.
To celebrate turning 6 months old we had 2 photoshoots.  One yesterday and one this morning.  
Today the twins had their 6 month check up and immunizations.  Thankfully I had Grandpa with me.  The Dr. Confirmed that overall they are healthy babies who are growing well. James is a whopping 14 lbs 1 oz.  This puts his weight in the 3% for his birthday.  His height is in the 15% and his head circumference is in the 40%.  
Josie is still a dainty little princess weighing in at 11lbs 5 oz (she gained a pound this month!).  Her weight is in the 0.1%.  Her height is in the 3% and her head circumference is in the 15%.
 (If you are really following this blog you will remember that at Josie's 4 month check up at Credit Valley Hospital her head was in the 40%.  Don't worry she is not shrinking.  The hospital bases their percentiles on her due date and the Dr. bases her percentiles on her birthdate.)
The Dr. Recomended that we start the babies on iron fortified cereal right away.  We tried this during dinner tonight.  Not only did both babies spit up about 96% on the spot.  They both puked in their sleep tonight.  I think tomorrow I will try it with them earlier in the day.  Here is a funny picture of our attemp at feeding them tonight.


This past six months have been the hardest and most rewarding 6 months of my life.  Brian has always been a great husband and now he is also an amazing Dad.  We are so blessed to have been given these incredible little babies.  They are happy, healthy, sweet little monkeys - I couldn't wish for anything more.



No comments:

Post a Comment