Tuesday 21 April 2015

Back to Work (April 13th)

Our Nanny, Joy, arrived from Hong Kong on April 1st and started working with us on April 7th.  Despite being in a totally foreign place she has adapted well to life in Canada and with our family.  I have taken her to 3 free drop-in programs in our neighbourhood - each accessible by bus.  One of the programs is at Grandma Jane's school.  The program is great.  Josie especially likes the gym time where she can ride around in a little car or motorcycle.  James, of course, loves all the balls.
With Joy here it is also time for me to return to work, sort of.  I cannot return to my full time teaching job at Glenforest until September so I will be working a few days a week as a supply teacher for the rest of the school year.  Brian and I have also applied to teach summer school for the month of July.
James and Josie are struggling a bit with Joy being here, and me being away but everyday seems to go better than the day before.

Update (April 21st)

I thought I was going back to work "part-time" but I've worked the last 8 days in a row!  I am doing all my days at Chinguacousy S.S., which is the school that Brian used to work at.  Everyone at Ching loved Brian so they are being very welcoming to me.  James and Josie have adjusted really well to the change of not having me at home with them.  Last night after dinner when Joy went downstairs for the evening they both went over and gave her a hug and kiss goodbye.  There were also very few tears this morning when I went upstairs to get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment