Saturday 13 December 2014

Almost ONE

This post was from Dec 9 but failed to upload.

This time a year ago Brian and I headed to Credit Valley Hospital for what we thought was going to be a "test run".  My blood pressure was dangerously high and my ankles were the size of my thighs.  Even sti, we certainly were not expecting to be told that in a matter of hours we would meet our twins.

I have been extra emotional this week thinking about how much we have been through as a family over the last year.  I have never been so satisfied with my life or sure that I am exactly where I am supposed to be.  I love Brian more than ever, but also in a different way since he became a father.  I have always appreciated what I have and what I have worked to earn but never as much as I do now.  I feel like I am going to burst with pride when I see the babies using sign language or investigating new situations with confidence. Being a mom was really hard in the beginning but it is totally amazing now.  I am thrilled that I get to continue to stay home with these little ones.  It feels like they are learning new things everyday.

Today, for example, James took his first steps on his own (he has taken a single step a few times already but never more than one before today).  Today he took about 4 steps.  He did it 5 times throughout the afternoon and evening.

Today Josie also said her first two-syllable word - "daddy".  She said it multiple times to Brian while they played tonight.  

Here are James and Josie at our Making The Connection class last Thursday.  The leader gave them each a tangerine and they both devoured them.  


On Friday James got away from me during a morning diaper change.  I then spent about 10 minutes fake chasing him around the room while he squeeled with delight.

On Sunday the twins had their first 1st birthday party in Oshawa with the Geogirls.  The twins are lucky enough to share their birthday with Josie's godmother, Vickie,  so they had their first joint party.  It was an awesome day with all five Geogirls and our Six Geobabies.

Today James also climbed this ladder at the early years centre.  Stairs were just the beginning for my little monkey :)

Tonight we did some sample crafts for the twins birthday party.  Nikki also helped me make these adorable t-shirts for the twins to wear for their birthday tomorrow.  Nikki is a grade 8 student who has been living with us for the last few weeks while she is a Page at Queenspark.  The babies adore her and I can tell that she loves playing with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment