Sunday 2 November 2014

Happy Halloween

This week we celebrated JJ's first Halloween.  We did this by inviting 11 babies over for a party.  It was lots of fun.  


This week both James and Josie learned how to push their walking toy.  They will be walking on their own soon!  Josie also learned how say "hurray" during, "If you are happy and you know it".  She has also started to mimic sounds that we make.  Today she was repeating the word "soft" when I was helping here feel a soft blanket.


James had a rough week this week.  He has a really bad cough and has lost his appetite. He has also been puking a lot.  He has had the cough/cold for over a month but it got really bad this week so we might need to take him to the Dr soon.  His cold hasn't really affected his disposition though.  He is still a happy little boy.  He has mastered clapping on demand this week and using the fireplace, ottaman and couches for cruising.  





On Thursday night Grandma Jane came over to help me put the babies to bed while Brian had parent teacher interviews. James and Josie certainly enjoyed the visit :)

On Thursday we had a new fridge delivered.  The babies got an early snack so that I could keep them in their high chairs.  They clearly liked it!

This week was really hard for me.  Zac, an autistic teenager that I have worked with every Saturday and in the summer for the last 8 years, unexpectedly passed away last Friday. His family asked me to do his Eulogy at his funeral on Wednesday.  He was the sweetest little guy - very calm and content.  I really thought that he would be in my life and the twins life for a very long time.  I wanted James and Josie to grow up knowing Zac and knowing how much I loved him.  Needless to say it's been an emotional week.

No comments:

Post a Comment